Wednesday 16 June 2010

Pretties!


Sludgey muted pretties!
I spotted a mini garden quiltalong ages ago, and said I was interested, then promptly forgot about it.

Then I received an email a couple of days ago asking if I still wanted to take part, paid my monies (which seemed quite hefty) - and today this little pile of loveliness arrived! Now I can see why it cost more than I had expected - the photo is very dark, I will take better in daylight tomorrow.


12 fat quarters from Moda's Evening Mist collection - not everyone's cuppa I would imagine as it's generally quite sombre, but I really like it.This kit takes me out of my comfort zone - I don't usually follow patterns or use kits, and some of the material is not what I would ever choose - and I think that's a good thing, it's so easy to get stuck in a rut.
Each month comes with a rather expensive button feature - this month's is a little wooden flower - and this month's block is lovely, a garden wheelbarrow with a bird perching on it. I like.

I am going to start this tomorrow, I can't seem to function properly today - too much time in the sun maybe. Whatever, I am a bit drowsy and lethargic.

In a minute I am going to cast on for tempest (Ravelry link) - not totally convinced stripes are a good think on my dumpy little bod but we will see - I am telling myself that if I wear it with gusto and glee it will be fine!

Black (of course)and this, which again is a crappy photo - it's a nice mix of pinks and greys - I have two skeins of it and quite honestly don't know what else to knit with it (and don't want to part with it).

Sooo.... that's it!



No comments:

Labels