Monday 16 April 2012

I am a Hooker.

Madam!
Hands were simply too sore for knitting and I get really twitchy if I don't have something to occupy my hands if I am watching telly or a film. So I spent an evening becoming friends with crochet again - haven't done any for about a year (when working on the summer bag pattern which still needs finishing!).
I couldn't decide between a square or a hexagon to make a summery bright blanket for the garden bench, 2 hours later I had a whole ONE hexagon / flower to show for it - the same pattern as the bag I am working on but what the heck.

Cheapo acrylic, the colours are fab - except for one!
The end one is parchment,m a sort of putty colour - defo not white as it seems in the photo. BUT the next pink is seriously bright - doesn't show it's full scariness no matter how often I photographed it.
Think dayglo socks.
Think headache inducing.
;-)
Have used it very sparingly so far, but I really think it's going to be a no no - am sure I have some other pinks and greens upstairs, will have a look later.
By the end of Saturday I had this:
(Grand Prix qualifiers, late night bosing) and by the end of Sunday this:
(Grand Prix). Daughter's birthday yesterday, how dare she interrupt crocheting!
I have a serious amount of tidying to do before Wednesday so little of anything going on today craftwise - plus I am struggling with the damned RA. Yesterday was pretty grim, pain, sore throat, very tired - admitted defeat and was in bed by 8.30ish last night which is unheard of. Sleeping tablet helped me sleep through the pain most of the night - shopping's been delivered this morning so I suspect I will be back up to bed very soon.
Some days it just can't be beaten or ignored or coped with, and giving in is the only solution.

Elsewhere, I have a nice burn on my hand caused by having considerably weaker hands than I always think (thanks to the RA) - struggled getting tea out of the oven and hit my hand on the grill.

Since the pic it blistered then burst, and is now rather angry looking and sore. Grrrrrr. I also spilt a (thankfully cold) pan of oil over myself the other morning - I have become much clumsier since being ill. Bloody thing.

Garden wise - I am also planting bits for inside, I have very limited space inside for plants (or anything much) but things tend to thrive. I have some teeny tiny Mexican Hat plantlings to plant - they tend to just need popping on top of compost rather than shoving into it:
and am trying some lemon seeds, which will either grow or not!
I potted up a Spiderling from one of my bigger plants the other day:
Why yes that IS  a little smiling face there.
He is a little paper face. Makes me smile.
I have a fabulous gift from a fabulous friend, more of that soon.

Enjoy the day.

1 comment:

Tiddy and Charlie. said...

Are you sure that pink is too bright? IS there such a thing as 'too bright pink'? Your 'squares' look happy and cheerful. Only another 6748326229 to go ;o) C x

Labels