Monday 12 November 2012

A tit free zone. Truly.

I seem to be knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting - and not finishing anything!
I tell a porky - I have finished 5 'things', piccies to come, simply could NOT stop knitting them!

I made a pile of this:
(several times over, many many ends), made 20 of these:

I think they look like squids or octopuseseseses like this.
They are not.
I also made these:

and might even start sewing them up tomorrow.
Maybe.

Wait -there's more!

I am making these:


(not black, very deep blue) for a Speshul Friend. Really enjoying knitting them and must make a pair for me (in black, not very deep blue!).

Quite a few of these.

Lordy, I could have knit three cardies in the time I have been making little things!

There is more. Crochet is happening, sort of.
I am ridiculously, childishly pleased with myself for managing to make this (my first attempt the other week was an arimugumyummygummythingummy cat and it was an absolutely DISASTER). But this worked, sort of.

Once again I seem to have chosen a pattern written in ancient Egyptian, it made absolutely no sense! I knew the pattern designer was not English, but for a pattern I had to pay for , translated into English, I really do expect it to be fit for purpose. Grammatical errors, spelling mistakes all fine, but blimey, I couldn't work from it at all.

So I am using a similar FREE pattern, and using the general idea of the one I bought, I can't give any more details as it is for a swap, and would give it away instantly!

So yes, I am managing to start things, many things! I think that's one really good thing about keeping a blog, being able to look back and realise that yes, even though I feel days / weeks go past without achieving a damned thing, the reality is that THINGS GET MADE!

I am also slowly but very surely attacking upstairs, 45 minutes a day is all I can manage physically but by hell it's making a big differene. Mentally that's a huge boost.

The Black Dog is sniffing at my heels at the moment, so every snippet of positivity is a good things.

That's it for now - I am hoping these arrive tomorrow, the postie has either become deranged (or it's a new driver) as parcels have arrived at the ungodly hour of 7am ...

wool may be involved ....


Toodles.

No comments:

Labels